There’s a list of 50 Most Hated Movies so of course I have to post it also and add my comments. The ones I’ve seen are in bold. I had no idea some of these movies were hated but I’m not surprised. It seems like there are an awful lot of people out there who love to hate fun things. On the other hand, most of these are just not my kind of movie. I would probably hate them if I saw them but I usually don’t waste my time watching movies I think I’m going to hate. Anyway, here we go…
50. Daredevil (update) I just remembered – I did see this one. Don’t remember much about it.
49. Superman Returns
48. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003)
47. Terminator: Salvation – It was okay. No hate but no love either.
46. Exorcist II: The Heretic
45. Halloween (2007)
44. Fantastic Four (2005) – It was fun. I almost always like movies based on comic books.
43. Resident Evil
42. Jersey Girl (2004)
41. Constantine – I remember liking it but now I can’t remember much about it so I suppose it couldn’t have been that good.
40. Swept Away (2002)
39. Epic Movie
38. Clash of the Titans (2010)
37. A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)
36. The Matrix Reloaded/The Matrix Revolutions – I saw Reloaded. I was confused for the entire movie but it was artful confusion. I’m not sorry I watched it.
35. Godzilla (1998)
34. Van Helsing
33. The Spirit
32. Crash (2005)
31. Sucker Punch
30. Alien Resurrection – Hated it. I love the original Alien and it should have been left to stand alone.
29. Spider-Man 3
28. Sex and the City 2
27. Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End – All of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies are so great I couldn’t possibly pick a favorite. People who don’t like these movies just don’t like to have fun.
26. Planet of the Apes (2001) – It was okay. I have never been a huge fan of the Planet of the Apes movies but for some reason I can’t resist watching them.
25. The Avengers
24. Pearl Harbor
23. The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen – People hate this? Really? Again, some people just don’t like to have fun.
22. Battlefield Earth
21. The Wicker Man (2006)
20. X-Men: The Last Stand – I’ve seen two or three of the X-Men movies but I can’t remember if this was one of them.
19. Aliens vs Predator – I’m ashamed to admit it but, yes, I’ve seen it. Sometimes curiosity can be a terrible thing.
18. Highlander 2: The Quickening
17. Love Actually
15. Catwoman – They mean the one with Halle Berry? I liked it. Like I said, I almost always like comic book movies.
14. Avatar – Liked it; wish I had seen it in 3-D. Yeah, it was just Fern Gully on steroids and both movies were primarily “Green” propaganda but they were still fun movies.
13. Lady in the Water
12. The Happening
11. The Last Airbender
I do want to see those last three. I still don’t hate Shyamalan movies even though it’s true that nothing else he’s done has measured up to his best, Sixth Sense and Unbreakable.
10. Die Another Day
9. House of the Dead
8. Titanic (1997)
7. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009) – Can’t remember. I’ve seen at least one Transformers movie and it wasn’t horrible but I’m not interested in seeing any more.
6. Batman and Robin
5. Psycho (1998)
3. Forrest Gump – I’ve seen parts of it. For some reason I just can’t make myself sit and watch all of it. It makes my skin crawl a little bit.
2. Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace – I liked it. Nothing can ever come close to the original trilogy. I didn’t expect it to, but it’s still a good movie. It’s just fun and I liked getting to see the backstory to the originals.
1. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull – I liked it. I have to admit I was skeptical and maybe that’s what it takes to like a sequel: Don’t have high expectations. Raiders of the Lost Ark was by far my favorite of the Indiana Jones movies. The others are all good and I would have a hard time ranking them.