I saw this favorites list at Autumn People and even though it’s impossible for me to name just one favorite of anything, I immediately decided to give it a try.
1. Favorite candy – I like candy way too much. I’ll have to give a really broad answer and just say chocolate. I especially love chocolate covered peanuts and chocolate covered cherries and dark chocolate, like Hershey’s Special Dark.
2. Favorite movie – Impossible to name a favorite or even make a top ten movies list but for the sake of the list I’ll just say the first one that comes to mind, a movie I have a special soft spot for, Second Hand Lions.
3. Favorite drink – Cold: Coke Zero. Hot: green tea
4. Favorite dessert – a very broad answer again: pie
5. Favorite city – Assuming this means large cities, I’m going to have to pass on this one. I haven’t seen enough cities and really spent time in them to have a favorite. New York was fun but I wouldn’t want to live there and I’m not even especially interested in visiting again. I enjoyed visiting Washington DC but all I saw was the stuff on the Mall and the National Zoo. The culture of New Orleans is interesting but there are also things I don’t like about it. Tulsa is the city closest to me and it’s okay but nothing to really get excited about. (UPDATE: I almost forgot, Atlanta is really nice too or at least it was back in the late 70′s when I was there.)
6. Favorite pastime – Hard to say. Whatever I happen to be in the mood for: reading, Internet surfing, listening to music, sewing, baking cookies, walking, watching TV, sitting on my front porch staring at the trees in my front yard and daydreaming…
7. Favorite clothing – Summer: pretty, cotton dresses. Winter: sweatpants and long sleeve t-shirts or stretch corduroy slacks and flannel shirts.
8. Favorite animal – Domestic: Cats. Wild: birds. I guess that’s sort of ironic, liking both cats and the cats’ prey but I really enjoy watching birds.
9. Favorite flower – I love irises but they only last a few weeks. I love roses too and you get those all summer. I’m very fond of marigolds also. And Heavenly Blue morning glories.
10. Favorite music – Classical. Everything from plainchant to that weird modern stuff but I’m especially fond of Mozart, Dvorak, Bach, Vivaldi, and Arvo Pärt. I also like blues, but don’t know much about it, and some 70′s rock and roll songs.